- The Tuolume River: A 105 Year Old Issue
- Bee Fails on Water story, Blames MID
- Sabatino has courage, common sense
- Todd Aaronson's Perfect Storm Becomes Forecaster's Nightmare
- City Council Candidate: Carmen Sabatino for District 3
- Welcome to the Sabatino Report White Paper
- $15 million
- Could gross sales in downtown Modesto be down by $19 million?
- Judy Sly has too much to apologize for
- What's going on
Sabatino has courage, common sense
As Mayor, Carmen Sabatino did not raise water rates because it was not necessary, balanced four budgets, spent less than city revenues, collected past due developer fees, cut $90 thousand dollars a year in newspaper advertising, and used the money to provide for public safety. How about that!
Carmen Sabatino again? Why not? His reputation got dragged through the mud back in 2003 when he ran for re-election as mayor. Eventually, all the accusations against him failed to hold up in a court of law, but damaged him enough to block his re-election. He has the courage to stand up to the special interests.
What people may not remember is that the city of Modesto balanced four budgets in the four years that Carmen served as mayor. He kept the city in the black. City government was not buried in scandals like the SCAP mess when Carmen was in office. He also kept his commitment to provide more police and fire protection.
It's time to restore that kind of common sense at City Hall. Sabatino should be elected to the City Council.
FRANK C. CARSON
Copyright 2011 The Modesto Bee. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2011/10/11/1900458/sabatino-has-courage-common-sense.html#ixzz1aZniYPYD